Monday, December 05, 2005

trying to explain the taste is in the eating - not in the talking about food

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Could we finally get rid of REALLY OLD annoyances? - Wish-list - Opera Community Drag and drop for multiple links is great, this would take almost 10 seconds of using Maxthon to understand. But people can explain for days how useless it is by not ever using it.

It's like looking at unknown food and explaining that you don't like the taste of that what you've never tasted.

Can anyone make use of the link panel? I think having the current page selected is really really far away from having an option to suppress opening the same page.

I've used browsers that could open lots of links. They always have an option to sort tabs and suppress or close duplicates.

The best way to describe it is trying to view picture blogs with Firefox as you're used to Opera page forward. After about 50 images I get pissed off, firefox loads the previous page so slow as Opera doesn't even show the page! I don't have to aim at each F*ing image click and use the back button and try to remember what I've looked at. I cant even properly look at the images. My head is full of useless actions I need to make. I should remember what I've seen on a 200 photo page? Think and aim 400 times then make 400 clicks?

I thought just pressing space 200 times already was a lot of work? no?

I'm sure a mozilla dev could describe why the current behaviour is good and why it works that way. All I know is that it stinks at viewing pictures.

Imagine: I do a google: How do I open the first 4 links?

All of the 4 pages have nothing on the subject I'm looking for.

Where do I click to close all 4?

How do I open the next 7 from the same page?

I've just tested a session to open a search in a new window with the links panel open. That way I could use 'close all others',

I'm 100% unable to find the next 7 links if 1 tab is open. I cant even see what is advertisement, the NR 1 link is log out?

I don't want to look at the cache adds log out or any other non-result links. I want to hit space and see the next picture.