Sunday, December 04, 2005

Could we finally get rid of REALLY OLD annoyances? - Wish-list - Opera Community

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Could we finally get rid of REALLY OLD annoyances? - Wish-list - Opera Community: " this is a bloody annoying UI screw-up that I've mentioned in the past... why the hell do you have to de-select something *every time* you want to select multiple links? For example, if you're getting photo's from a gallery page you can get confused by multiple copies of the same gallery opening up! The current page should NOT be selected at the first ctrl-click!!!" I can open 1 link in 1 click. pressing 2 keys to open the sidebar, aim the mouse 3 times and use 2 keys and a mouse click to unselect select select multiple links, aim the mouse 2 times and make 2 more clicks to find the open links button and open the links holding shift. Thats about as much work as opening 12 links in the normal way. This is only useful for more as 12 links. And you would need to open 12 links to have any use for this. With Maxthon it takes 2 clicks 2 mouse moves and NO AIMING what so ever. This is withouth counting the "having to look up the same links I'm looking at", that really isn't excusable, the structure of the sidebar menu isn't close to that of the original page. I highlight a few links ON a page, by using the mouse and holding down the mouse button, what we know as "selecting", then I press enter. After I press enter it's clear to any human that I want ALL of the links selected opend in new tabs. [SIZE=4] Maybe I can just hold down the left mouse button and mouse over the links? As in "ONE" single click.[/SIZE] What else should happen? Ask me if I'm sure? A simple CTRL A ENTER should open all links. If Opera cant handle a big number of links and crasses trying to load them you may want to fix that bug? Crashing isn't excusable either. Make it slow down enough to load "what ever". It isn't a good excuse for having no-logic in opening links. Teach it to stay alive and open lots of links. 2 clicks should be enough for any number - not 12 things!!! I'm pretty sure I'm making thousands of unnecessary clicks per day. Thousands of em! click click click click click . ... . . . .